Thursday, December 1, 2016

Fenway Open Studios: Creative Spaces. Part 2

This studio belongs to a Russian artist whose work blends folk art , surrealism, icons, and symbols. I also see influences of Botticelli and Chagall. 




This young, self-taught artist makes stunning collages that incorporate paper ephemera with her own travel photography and painting. 



Here's part of her work table:


Her living room has a hammock:


This artist is both a painter and sculptor. Also a collector, I'd say:


His brushes:



His paints are arranged by color:


Paint tubes fill a bookcase; everything in the space seems organized, there's just a lot.


This painter's studio felt more like equal parts workspace and home, with plenty of clear floor space and a comfortable dog. Notice his crate under her work table:


Her compact living room is tucked in next to the staircase.

SaveSave
SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. Everyone needs to have good tools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tour of these wonderful spaces. I love being able to peek inside - and your photos of tools of the trade are just right!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.