Monday, January 16, 2017

Take Time to Eat the Roses

First Harris pretended to be napping.


But these roses smelled really good.


He had to sniff them.


Then he wanted to eat them. The whole time, I kept saying, "No! Stop that! Don't eat the flowers! We talked about this! No, Harris!"


Harris doesn't like to be bossed. Look at this face:


But I kept at it. It wasn't just to save the roses. Roses can make cats sick. (I learned this the hard way about 30 years ago, when I had an indoor rosebush, a severely ill cat, and a vet who was baffled by Truffalo's seemingly incurable diarrhea.)


I told Harris it was for his own good. He still wasn't happy.


But he prides himself on being our most perfect cat. So he settled down.


3 comments:

  1. Harris, you look very handsome next to the pretty roses (I am a rose FREAK!), but I am glad you paid attention and didn't eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you for not eating those very beautiful roses, Harris!!! Love all your very nice pictures!! You are so super handsome!!:)
    Dot

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave any comment that isn't spam.