Sunday, April 9, 2017

Growly Time

Harris wants to show off again with his fox-fur Growly, now battered and partially digested. We even broke the pole in half the other day but it's still useable.

He looks vicious as he growls away with that soggy mess in his mouth. I like to pick him up and carry him over to my husband so he can share in Harris's scary growliness. I have to pry his jaws apart to rescue the toy, risking my fingers. I can't believe how strong he is. He claws at my hands but his claws are trimmed and smooth. And I can tell he doesn't feel good about possibly hurting me, so I win that battle.






I think his goal is to get the entire thing into his mouth and he is getting better at it. As a result, our playtime gets shorter since I have to keep pulling it back out. We could use a bigger, tougher growly, but it needs to be real fur to entice Harris. We have the fake-fur version of this thing that is going strong after many years.


1 comment:

  1. we can often forget that these soft fuzzy purr boxes are also one of nature's most deadly predators.. just so long as we aren't mice.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.