Thursday, May 25, 2017

Bits and Pieces

Here are a few links I like:


A sprawling and truly spectacular historic house in Georgia can be yours for the price of a little one-bedroom condo in my Back Bay neighborhood. You should visit the website for the garden alone.

∆ ∆ 

If you want to do some summer traveling, check out this list of the Most Underrated Place in Every State. For Massachusetts, it's Worcester. It has a canal district; who knew? I've been wanting to go there anyhow because my favorite bread (seeded levain) comes from the Birch Tree Bread Company there. They sell it at the Copley Square Farmers' Market but only every other Tuesday. In Worcester, the bakers also have a restaurant with pizza, specials, and live music that looks amazing. It drives me a little crazy to see all their wonderful food on my Instagram feed when it's so far away. (Speaking of Instagram, you can follow me).

∆ ∆ 

The other day I baked cookies for Mark Zuckerberg for reasons I can't discuss. Let's just say I knew he was at Harvard and felt I owed him for making it possible for me keep in touch with 150 people I like without ever having to call, text, or email them. That is true. Here's the recipe. I think the trick (besides lots of chopped Lindt chocolate and organic butter) might be beating the butter and sugar for 3 minutes as directed — until they look like whipped frosting. I later heard the cookies were a hit; they are indeed excellent.


∆ ∆ 

Did you have a Spirograph when you were a kid? I love mine. Here's a virtual version that doesn't require paper, pins, and pens.

∆ ∆ 

I needed new business cards and heard about Moo, an online printing company in Rhode Island. I was planning to design my own cards until I saw this template, with "marbled paper" backs in different patterns. They arrived yesterday and I love them. I will enjoy giving them away.


∆ ∆ 

Pinterest has so many ads now that it's not nearly as much fun. Fortunately, I pinned nearly 20,000 images before the ads poured in, so I can just go to my own boards for a visual feast. I have more than 2,400 images of historic clothing, including this dress from Norway, circa 1905–1910. And I have more than 200 images of Worth dresses and 400 pins from the 1920s. 


∆ ∆ 

Here's a little dream house in Marblehead on a Pond. I want it so badly! 

         Photo: Heather Murray, Harborside Sotheby's International Realty

∆ ∆ 

Finally, our cats want every one of these.


         Photo: SUCK UK

3 comments:

  1. beautiful homes, love the one on the 'pond'
    glad the cookies were a hit.
    I would totally buy your kitties a plane if I thought you had room for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those business cards! Obviously, women were very tiny years ago; even at my thinnest, there would be now way I could fit into that dress. Now I feel like I'm the size of a Yeti...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want the porch of that gorgeous Victorian, thank you...

    ReplyDelete

Unless you are spamming me about, say, Skype, I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete ALL spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.