Thursday, June 29, 2017

Postcards from Maine: Odds and Ends

It's strange to be looking at postcards from Maine when we are just back from a short trip to Pennsylvania and are heading out again with our suitcases on Saturday. I don't like cramming all this travel into a few short weeks, and neither do the cats. They are basking in our attention and we are feeling guilty for abandoning them yet again. I'm especially worried about the July 4 fireworks, which terrify them, since we won't be here to talk them out of their hiding places when the booms are finished.

Maine feels like a long time ago. And why do I feel like I need a vacation? Here are the last postcards.

This is pronounced something like Hobbabobba. (Even in Serbian: I overheard one of the Serbian innkeepers talking about it.)


A thread display in Winter Harbor's 5&10. They also zippers and ribbon in a rainbow of shades. Try finding these in Boston now that Windsor Button is long gone.


Winter Harbor is on the Schoodic Peninsula:


A house in Winter Harbor:


Shrub lilac on a wooden fence in Southwest Harbor:


The Southwest Harbor dock:


Pots outside an ice cream shop in Bar Harbor:



Camden Harbor. Check out those old sailing ships:


One of the many color-themed displays in Jo Ellen Designs, my favorite shop in Camden:

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos :) I'm sure your ones from Paris will be equally as lovely (but not more so, because.. Maine)

    ReplyDelete

Unless you are spamming me about, say, Skype, I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete ALL spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.