Friday, July 28, 2017

Brimfield Antiques Fair: The Animals

Here are some animals I saw at the July Brimfield Antiques Fair: dead, alive, and imaginary.

Let's get through the worst first: Taxidermy was a recurring motif. I grew up with it and have a high tolerance, but I had trouble with the first animal I spotted: it seems to be a decomposing boar with something blue in its foamy-looking mouth. This has to be the worst critter I've ever seen at Brimfield. The little gramophone is a winner, though:


Someone was doing big business in recycled metal animals. This is the goat collection:


A couple of armadillos and a frog with wheels:


The roosters were the best:


This lobster, about five feet tall, looked like it needed a long vacation:


I wonder where the other antler is:


Insects and fish in clear acrylic. No, thank you.


A deer trophy tucked away in a corner:


Many dealers bring their dogs:


I see maybe one cat per show. This one was not happy about its fancy collar:


This fox doesn't look happy to be stuck in a fake tree stump, or whatever it is. I hope it's not a piece of an elephant.


Cheerier foxes for the garden:


A dealer's dachshund keeps cool in the grass. It was a sultry day:


My favorite, of course: A pensive lion, with oak leaves and acorns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.