Saturday, August 12, 2017

Seaside Lobster Party

Here are some photos from a lobster party we attended in Magnolia, Massachusetts last weekend. 

White tables overlooking the sea: 


Magnolia's rocky coastline:


This couple loves to garden and they do a spectacular job:


Atlantic view, rocky shore:


Instead of a beach, there's a terrace at the shoreline:


The party was catered by Woodman's of Essex, long famous for their clams and lobsters. I had a few hors d'oeuvres, and then chowder, a couple of steamers and mussels, lobster, corn on the cob, and coleslaw. (Note: At least I didn't eat the rubber bands.) For dessert, I had watermelon and sampled three kinds of cookies. So I was too full to take advantage of the musical ice cream truck that arrived in the driveway, stocked with every frozen treat one could imagine. Alas.


Lobster trap buoys:


A distant sailboat viewed from the lawn. It was a perfect summer afternoon on the North Shore.

1 comment:

I love getting comments and do my best to follow up if you have a question. I delete spam, attempts to market other websites, and anything nasty or unintelligible. The cats and I thank you for reading — and please do leave a comment that isn't spam, etc.